Subject: Re: [boost] [proto] Looong compile times and other issues
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-12 22:08:24

On 9/13/2011 2:39 AM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 9/12/2011 2:57 AM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
>>
>> Let me make it clear though that it is an unfair characterization
>> to say that Fusion is the cause of CT slowdown for Proto.
>
> I never said that. I'm not sure Joel F. said that either, just if IF
> John is using Fusion it can add to the TMP load. But that's jumping the
> gun. Let's not point fingers until we measure and figure out where the
> bloat is coming from.

[...]
> But this is drifting off-topic. Let's focus on John's problem, not the
> compile-time performance of Phoenix3.

Sorry about that. I was just reacting to Joel F's note saying
"- fusion is also a big hitter" in a thread titled "[proto]
Looong compile times and other issues". I was just defending
Fusion with clear proof that the overhead is not due to Fusion
and that proof happens to come from Phoenix2 which uses Fusion
exclusively.

I agree. Let's not point fingers. I would've expected Joel F to
substantiate any claims like that with real numbers, lest it
starts to sound more like spreading FUD.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com