Subject: Re: [boost] [utility] rvalue support in value_initialized
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-15 03:56:06

On Sep 15, 2011, at 3:34 AM, Claas H. Köhler wrote:

> Principially I would like to contribute. I have to admit though, that I have never contributed to boost before.

To start out, please do not top-post. ;)

> In my oppinion it should suffice to add move constructors/ move assignment to /utility/value_init.hpp, which I could do.
>
> How do we go on from there? Shall I submit the modified header file to this mailing list for review or what is the usual procedure?

Yes, you should work with the list and the owner/maintainer of the library, who appears to be Fernando Cacciola according to the doc.

I am no rvalue expert but you should either use Boost.Move or at least guard your code with the right #ifdef so that you're not breaking the library for everyone stuck with c++03. Hopefully others more experienced can help you with that.

Cheers,
Gordon