Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-docs] Getting CVS read/write access boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-15 09:26:58

> -----Original Message-----
> From: boost-docs-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:boost-docs-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of
> Daniel James
> Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2011 10:06 AM
> To: Discussion of Boost Documentation
> Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Getting write access to boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net

I would like to get read and write access to boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net (to put up some html
docs)'

I have tried to follow the instructions on Sourceforge.net and believe that I have stored a SSH key
because I can login thus using PuTTY

"login as: pbristow
pbristow_at_[hidden]'s password:
Last login: Thu Sep 15 12:58:36 2011 from 53-133.radnet-kendal.kencomp.net

Welcome to *.cvs.sourceforge.net

This is a restricted Shell Account
You cannot execute anything here."

PuTTY Window says "Connection closed by remote host."

If I repeat I get

login as: pbristow
pbristow_at_[hidden]'s password:
Last login: Thu Sep 15 12:59:41 2011 from 53-133.radnet-kendal.kencomp.net

Welcome to *.cvs.sourceforge.net

This is a restricted Shell Account
You cannot execute anything here.

whose changed last login date suggests that I am logging in OK - so I know my username and password
OK.

(or does the fact that I am asked for a password mean that my SSH authentication is wrong?)

When I try to CVS checkout, (using a variety of module names (fetch modules list option is not
available?) I get

PuTTY Fatal error "Network error: connection timed out."

cvs [checkout aborted] : end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

- and there are no messages :-(

Please can any Sourceforge CVS users advise?

Thank you.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,