Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-docs] Getting CVS read/write access boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-16 05:22:37

James
> Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:40 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-docs] Getting CVS read/write access boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net
>
> On 15 September 2011 14:26, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to get read and write access to
> > boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net (to put up some html docs).
>
> You're using the wrong server, you need to use web.sourceforge.net.
> Your user name for boost-sandbox should be 'pbristow,boost-sandbox'
> (i.e. your sourceforge user name, followed by a comma, followed by 'boost-sandbox'). But the ssh
access
> is only for uploading and downloading files, so you won't be able to login directly using ssh or
putty. You
> should be able to use rsync and sftp.
>
> Let's try logging in with filezilla (which I don't normally use, but it's cross platform which is
useful). Install it
> from:
>
> http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client
>
> When you run it, enter into the host input box:
>
> sftp://pbristow,boost-sandbox@web.sourceforge.net
>
> Fill in your password and click 'Quickconnect' and you should have sftp access. If that works then
you know
> you've got write access to the server.

After an expected 'unkown host2 dialog, I got this

which looks promising.

But I don't see the boost-sandbox files that I expect to, as at

http://boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge.net/

 only lots of *nixy files including home, users etc.

Is boost-sandbox.CVS where I should be putting my html docs? Or?

So are you suggesting using sFTP for moving files? But to where?

So what do you think should be the entries for CVS use?

So far I've tried

Protocol : secure shell :ext:

Server: boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge (also tried boost-sandbox.web.sourceforge)

repository folder: /cvs/root/boost-sandbox

Username: pbristow

Module: boost-sandbox or ????

CVSROOT :ext:pbristow_at_boost-sandbox.cvs.sourceforge:/cvsroot/boost-sandbox

Thanks for your continuing help.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,