Subject: Re: [boost] [chrono][stopwatches] Request for interest in NEW stopwatch/timer reporting facilities
From: Steven Maitlall (m.steven_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-16 12:11:35

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I think I start to see how such a library could help to make easier the
> Stopwatch reporting. I would be greatfull if you could explain how this can
> be applied in my context.

I've attached a description of the API I have in mind. First, does it make
sense ? How does that fit with what you had in mind for reporting? Is the
API flexible enough to let you do what you want?

I expect that Boost.Format will define context types for other boost types
in different libraries, so default contexts can be available. So there could
be a default context for a Boost.Stopwatch type.