Subject: Re: [boost] [Review:Algorithms] Order of args to clamp
From: Olaf van der Spek (ml_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-26 11:12:15

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Christian Holmquist
<c.holmquist_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Is this really the fault of clamp() though?
>>
> No, but clamp can avoid exposing this inherited problem, just as
> std::min/std::max does.

min and max have two 'equivalent' parameters. clamp doesn't, it has
two limits and another argument. The return type is clear, it's the
type of the first argument, that's not the case for min and max.
So I don't think you can use that as an argument.