Subject: [boost] [Review:Algorithms]
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-26 13:23:55

Hi Marshall,

Some minor comments based on reading the docs only.

A. xxx_of_val should be named xxx_of_equal or something IMO, or the name
should simply be overloaded.

B. Documentation for clamb: I dislike the "iff". Just say "if", because
this doesn't clash with the case v==lo/hi. Use the names low/high or
lower_bound/upper_bound. The "High point" terminology may be replaced
with "upper bound" IMO.

C. (ordered) I think the cannonical way is to use

   range_iterator<const R>

instead of

   range_const_iterator<R>

D. write

   #include <boost/algorithm/search.hpp>

instead of

   Header 'search.hpp'

(and similar for other names) in the documentation.

E. A small code example on each page would be nice.

F. Why is there no range-based versions of Boyer-Moore etc.?

G. You could consider to present the iterator version and the range
version of all algorithms on the same page.

H. I couldn't fine any details about detail::BM_traits<>. Do I need to
know about these?

That's it.

I think this is a useful, minor addition to Boost.

I vote "yes" for inclusion.

regards

Thorsten