Subject: Re: [boost] Thread stack size [was : Gauging interest in patch submissions]
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-28 14:55:48

Brett Lentz wrote:
> 1. Adding an optional stack_size parameter to thread::start_thread()

This has been suggested a few times including once by me; see e.g. http://search.gmane.org/search.php?group=gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel&query=stack+size

Since those previous discussions, though, threads have been added to
the C++ standard, and the thread class in the standard doesn't include
this. It is conceivable that Boost.Thread might continue to evolve and
gain more features [maybe Anthony will comment], but I think it's more
likely that people will use std::thread instead and we will have to
learn to live with fixed stack sizes. (Or write our own thread
classes, which is simple enough if we're not concerned with portability.)

Regards, Phil.