Subject: Re: [boost] Gauging interest in patch submissions
From: GMan (gmannickg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-28 18:41:37

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Emil Dotchevski
<emildotchevski_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> No, it won't affect the speed of a catch by reference.

Sorry, that was an unfortunate comment placement on my part.

I meant to say the exception object itself contains stack trace data, which
in turn implies additional time to construct the exception object. Exception
handling, the language feature, wasn't the concern. Rather, it was that we
should be careful about automatically adding extra time (stack traces) to
exception handling application-wide. Brett addresses that below.

--
GMan, Nick Gorski