Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] copy constructor
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-29 07:10:43

Le 29/09/11 04:57, Lorenzo Caminiti a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> What's the most portable way to detect if a type T is CopyConstructible?
>
> Actually, I would need a metafunction that is true_ iff a type T has a
> const-correct copy construct:
>
> T::T( T const& other) { /* copy this T from the other T */ }
>
> (I've been looking at boost::has_trivial_copy and
> boost::has_nothrow_copy but I wanted to double check with the ML.)

Hi,

The proposed Boost.Conversion provides some interesting traits (included
in C++11) that you could be interested in.
is_constructible, is_default_constructible, is_copy_constructible,
is_move_constructible as well as is_assignable, is_copy_assignable and
is_move_assignable.

If John is interested in we can work together to include them in TypeTraits.

Best,
Vicente