Subject: Re: [boost] Would Unicomm be interesting for Boost?
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-30 04:21:22

Hi Dimitry,

On Sep 30, 2011, at 3:42 AM, Dmitry Timoshenko wrote:

>> Have you compared your library with the proposed Boost.Network?
>>

> No, I haven't before.
> I looked at the Network library. I couldn't realize
> is it engine to build protocols or is it implementation of the popular protocols like HTTP and etc? Anyway it looks cool.

Yes, it sounds like yours is more a way to build protocols and Network is implementations of a few protocols. Probably complementary - it would be good if you guys compared notes.

> Are there people who can explicitly answer me to my question? I mean people who responsible for similar issues like library submission or this is the implicit process? How can I get the response whether Unicomm will be joined to Boost?

Please look at the Boost Submission Process page
http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html

You're now determining interest. Keep on explaining what you're doing and getting people to try it out, and if people like it, when you think your library is ready, look for a review manager and get a review.

Cheers,
Gordon