Subject: Re: [boost] vsix - template_profiler extension
From: Brandon Kohn (blkohn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-01 15:48:28

Hi Agustín,

I'm trying to think what could be wrong on your setup. Are you able to
run the other command 'Profile Build Time' on that cpp file? Does the
problem happen with any cpp file you try?

Also, what are the specs of the pc on which you are running this? If the
other command works and it is only the template instantiation one that
fails, perhaps it's an issue with the initialization of the thread used
by the template profiler. I have it set to reserve a 500MB stack size to
avoid stack overflow issues with the xpressive regex's that instrument
the code. Perhaps that reservation is killing it in your case. I plan to
make that stack size configurable. I just have to figure out how that
works in the VS extension framework.