Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-02 14:16:42

John Maddock <boost.regex <at> virgin.net> writes:

> Testing on Trunk is apparently broken as the test_exec_monitor target has
> been removed from Boost.Test Trunk as of revision #74642.

Test Execution Monitor has been deprecated for more than 5 years I believe
(since 1.34). I do not believe it's being used anywhere but internally in boost.

> A quick grep shows 22 Jamfiles and over 200 targets dependent upon this.

To switch to test framework you really only need to change 2 lines:

#include <boost/test/included/test_execution_monitor.hpp>
#include <boost/test/included/unit_test.hpp>

and

int test_main()
BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(test_main)

If no one mind I can go ahead and apply these.

Gennadiy