Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-04 15:04:19

Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes:

> libraries, and for doing so close to a release when it's a more alarming
> and inconvenient than necessary. I know we've had situations like this

Frankly, I hopped that making changes in trunk would shield me from need to keep
an eye on Boost release schedule. I rarely can sync my development with Boost
release schedule.

> How about at least testing them before you check them in?

I did run my own test suite with the compiler I use for development. I can't
realistically run full regression test suite before every check in. Not only
because of time constrains, but as well due to the fact that I am working on
boost development when I have free window, on a computer I have at hand at the
moment and I need to check in changes to move then between different development
environments.

> Another thing
> you can do is test them on as many compilers as you can possibly get
> your hands on. That's what I do.

I usually test against msvc and one gcc version under cygwin (if avaialble).
Boost.Build is currently broken for me - I have to make quite some number of
local changes to trunk version to be able to run my own test regression suite,
but some of the functionality is still broken (and somehow I am not planning to
switch to something else).

Many other NT compilers are not available to me. Linux setups I use only when I
observe regressions - these are not trivial for me to get a hold of, especially
if I work not in a usual setup.

Gennadiy