Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-04 16:12:32

Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes:

> So you do have a philosophical disagreement with the expectations of the
> group. You think you ought to be able to use that development model,
> but everyone else expects library authors with boost dependents to test
> the dependents before they commit changes.

I think that even existing system can be easily improved by testing all
components against release brunch version of dependents. After all this is all
everyone cares about. Once this passes library author is free to push the
changes into release branch.

> So every time you do this and things break on trunk, it causes a big
> kerfuffle. At this point, the magnitude of the actual inconvenience to
> others is irrelevant; they're going to be upset because they've been
> through this with you over and over.

I think you might be overstating the severity of the problem. Is there any way
to see in regression report which libraries are still affected by Boost.Test
changes (since I reverted test_exec_monitor removal)

If not, I guess I'll try to run full test with msvc tonight and see what will
show up.

Gennadiy