Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-05 07:04:04

I'd be reluctant to stop using Boost.Test - it does what it says on the tin.

And I think there are very big advantages for every Boost library to use it too - it's the devil
that we know.

But this makes it a special case that every library will be dependent on it, so deprecation needs to
have a really good reason, and be really, really well tested.

I've been annoyed to have to change hundreds of projects to accommodate the changes you want to
make. Ok - the changes are small, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Is there a really, really, really good case for making these changes?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK