Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48.0] Schedule heads up
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-07 11:28:43

2011/10/7 Frédéric Bron <frederic.bron_at_[hidden]>:
>> branches/release for 1.48.0 is long since closed for new libraries.
>>
>> October 10: branches/release closed for major code changes. Still open
>> for serious problem fixes and docs changes
>
> I would like to merge type trait additions. What would be the procedure?

As always, review the trunk test results and make sure the changes are stable.

See http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html

Then merge trunk to your local svn working copy of branches/release.

See boost-root/tools/release/merge2release.bat and 2release.bat for
Windows scripts to do the actual merge. They are really simple, so it
should be pretty easy to create POSIX versions if that is what you
need. Use the --dry-run option to get a feel, if merging is new to
you.

Once you've merged to your working copy, take a look at the results,
do any local tested you think indicated, then commit.

Watch closely over the next few days as the release tests cycle to
make sure the tests are passing.

> Is it too late?

You have until the 10th. I'm assuming a types trait addition is fairly major.

HTH,

--Beman