Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Still having issues
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-13 10:39:34

Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard <at> ens-lyon.org> writes:

> On 13/10/2011 04:04, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> > Mathias Gaunard<mathias.gaunard<at> ens-lyon.org> writes:
> >
> >> Just rename _invalid_parameter_handler to something else.
> >> As the error message says, that name is already defined in some Visual
> >> Studio headers.
> >
> > Really!? Such a simple solution. How come I never figured it out.
> >
> >> Names that start with an underscore in the global namespace are reserved
> >> by the implementation.
> >
> > Maybe you should first look why this line was put there in a first place.
>
> I don't care why your library does this, it is not my problem.

Why are you commenting in this thread in this case?

> This is a major annoyance.

I on my side might be annoyed that you comment without even trying to understand
what the problem is.

> You say you don't understand the error message, I tell you what it means.
> Clearly if something is already defined in a header, you can't redefine it.

You on the other hand do not know what you are talking about. This line was
added specifically because this symbols was *absent* in msvc headers (some
version of msvc specifically). It can't be anything else. It should be this
particular symbol. Named in this particular way. Why this hack get's applied to
this platform/compiler combination - that's the question. If you have anything
to comment on actual issue feel free to weight in.

> It could be that your header only works if it's included *before*
> stdlib.h. In which case, that's very fragile.

You did not even bothered to see that this is inside of implementation, not in
header.

Gennadiy