Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Still having issues
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-15 23:36:15

Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > * Use _MSC_VER in place of BOOST_MSVC in the pp-test:
> >
> > # if (!BOOST_WORKAROUND(_MSC_VER, >= 1400 ) && \
> > !defined(BOOST_COMO)) || defined(UNDER_CE)
>
> And _MSC_VER is defined for Intel toolset, right?
>
> Yes. I think this is the right move. At some point there was push to use
> BOOST_MSVC consistently instead of _MSC_VER, but not in this case apparently.

Ok. I looked through the history. In my original version and all the way to Nov
7th 2010 it was correct and we were using _MSC_VER. On Nov 7 someone with svn
name "wash" (who is this by the way), checked in the change which switched to
BOOST_MSVC. The comment was this:

"Clang hand-holding, mostly for issues caused by Clang defining GCC macros."

How this has anything to do with clang or GCC beats me. So it seems this toolset
was broken for almost a year and no one noticed.

I am going to revert to _MSC_VER tonight. If Mr. wash wants these changes back,
he can get a permission from Mr. Gaunard first.

Regards,
Gennadiy