Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] has_equal_to< std::vector<T> > always true_
From: Frédéric Bron (frederic.bron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-21 17:02:28

> Would the Boost.TypeTraits authors consider adding the specializations* to
> workaround STL not using SFINAE? If not, can these cases be documented?

Hi,

Thanks for highlighting this major issue. I understand that there is
nothing to do apart from specializing the traits for those particular
std classes. This would however not work with user classes. As the
beta is due on Monday, I believe it is too short to submit a working
and tested patch. Maybe once the beta is out, you can start to work on
a proposed contribution?
Meanwhile, as suggested I will add a warning in the doc.

> boost/conversion/std/vector.hpp included some specializations for
> std::vector,

This seems a reasonable naming convention.

Regards,
Frédéric