Subject: [boost] [atomics] Short review
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-26 06:17:09

Dear All,

Apologies for not having time to write a proper review for this
important library.

However, I have previously looked at this code in some depth, and I am
using it in a number of shipping products. Based on that, I am
reasonably confident that it is useful and functional.

As others have said, the documentation needs some attention. In
particular, I missed information about supported platforms and types.
Users can reasonably ask whether a particular type is supported
natively or whether a fallback is used, and what the fallback is. A
link to the std::atomic spec (or a freely-downloadable draft of it)
would also be useful.

I believe that this is a vitally important and long-overdue library
that should be accepted without delay.

Regards, Phil.