Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48.0] Beta 1 release candidates available
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-26 18:40:13

[Olaf van der Spek]
> Hmm, I'm on x64 but I'm compiling x86 code. What compiler does that use?

The x86-native compiler. VC10 also has an x86=>x64 cross-compiler, and an x64-native compiler (this is the one that reserves tons of address space for its PCH, because it can). Additionally, VC10 had x86=>IA-64 cross, and VC11 has x86=>ARM cross.

(If all of our compilers were x64-hosted, then PCH size problems would vanish in a puff of smoke.)

[STL]
> This has been increased to 83 MB in VC11 as of right now.

[Olaf van der Spek]
> Why 11?

As the compiler changes their data structures, they change the PCH size default accordingly.

STL