Subject: Re: [boost] [atomic] comments
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-01 10:41:58

Helge Bahmann wrote:
> I think that it might long-term be worthwhile to consider formulating
> smart_ptr in terms of atomic<>

For the record, I am already doing this and the code is posted here:

I think it's important that we consolidate the platform-specific atomic
code in one place, so that subtle issues like e.g. trac issue 5372 only
need to be fixed in one place. If anyone thinks that Boost.Atomic is
unsuitable for any of the places where Boost (or anything else for that
matter) is currently using custom platform-specific atomics code, we
should investigate now and decide how Boost.Atomic (and/or std::atomic)
can be fixed to make it suitable.

Regards, Phil.