Subject: Re: [boost] Are some of the trunk regression tests running in C++0x mode when they shouldn't be?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-10 18:30:42

Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet <at> wanadoo.fr> writes:

> >> This is a problem in Boost.Test as of r75372.
> > How should I specify in Jamfile that I want to require c++11 support from gcc
> > starting with version a.b.c?
> >
> You should not require this. Even if using a given version of gcc, users
> could been to preserve a C++03 behavior.

What is the problem with enabling C++11 features if possible? We do not expect
backward compatibility issues, don't we?

What about MSVC? It has C++11 enabled by default.

Some of the new features of Boost.Test require c++11 support. I want to be able
to test it and I want users to be able to use it.

Gennadiy