Subject: Re: [boost] [iostreams][io_state_savers] Request for interest in some ios_base basic utilities
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-12 06:09:38

----- Original Message ----- > From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> > > Another way to see this problem is as follows. As you said , when there > is no specific facet associated to the locale of a ios_base, no need to > instal one,  just take a default behavior. It would be great if the > default behavior could be configured either depending on the locale name > or as a global default facet that could be set by the user. > > I don't know if my concerns are more clear now. > > Thanks again, > Vicente > > I see. There are two ways to get information about current facet: 1. Using Boost.Locale's boost::locale::info facet and you can get the ISO-639-1 language code 2. Using std::locale::name() member function. Now about the second. It has two problems: 1. Names other then "C" and "POSIX" are not standardized 2. There are two major names around:    a) POSIX names (used by GCC on Linux) like en_US.UTF-8 - you can parse       it and get the ISO-639 language code.    b) Windows names (used by MSVC) like Englush_USA.1252 you get windows       specific language name that can be converted to ISO code you just need       to create a conversion table. If your data is relatively small few K you can use it and behave according to it. This is actually what ICU does - locale name is just name and when you create some formatting object it look ups for the resources. It is heavier and wasteful but works.   Artyom Beilis -------------- CppCMS - C++ Web Framework: http://cppcms.sf.net/ CppDB - C++ SQL Connectivity: http://cppcms.sf.net/sql/cppdb/