Subject: Re: [boost] Alternative implementation for BOOST_PP_VARIADIC_SIZE
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-13 11:48:34

On 11/13/2011 10:50 AM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Edward Diener<eldiener<at> tropicsoft.com> writes:
>
>> I will look at this but please look at my variadic macro data library in
>> the sandbox which attempts to solve this same problem.
>
> I do not see vmd_size.hpp. Where should I look?

Look at BOOST_VMD_IS_EMPTY(...).

I did not attempt to use BOOST_VMD_IS_EMPTY(...) on
BOOST_VMD_DATA_SIZE(...) to return 0 for empty variadic data because of
the innate flaw in BOOST_VMD_IS_EMPTY, for which there is no workaround.
You can obviously use it as you wish, for your own macro testing the
size of variadic data. Also, for VC8, I could not implement a
BOOST_VMD_IS_EMPTY(...) taking variadic data and had to settle for a
BOOST_VMD_IS_EMPTY(param) instead.

I did use BOOST_VMD_IS_EMPTY on my new BOOST_VMD_ASSERT macros while
documenting the flaw in BOOST_VMD_IS_EMPTY.

>> When I announced the latest update to my library, nobody paid any
>> attention to it.
>
> Everything comes when time is right ;).

Eddie