Subject: Re: [boost] Need for BOOST_PP_VARIADIC_POP_FRONT
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-14 05:57:27

Paul Mensonides <pmenso57 <at> comcast.net> writes:
> > FOO((a)(b)(c))
> >
> > or this:
> >
> > FOO( a, b, c )
> >
> > which one would you prefer, find easier, more convenient, better?
>
> The first one is better, they are both just as easy, and the latter is
> more convenient depending on the types of data. The problem with the
> second one is that it doesn't scale--just like passing around variadic
> data via variadic templates (with or without perfect forwarding) doesn't
> scale.

Well, I find the second one better, easier and more convenient - and that's what
I intend to use and present for my users. Very few people will need anything
beyond basic use cases and these should be the most straightforward.

As for scaling I am not sure what you mean. Would you care to show an example?

Gennadiy