Subject: Re: [boost] Boost libraries for 'TR2'
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-17 12:00:14

Le 17/11/11 13:51, Beman Dawes a écrit :
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> just out of curiosity, which Boost libraries could we expect to be proposed
>> for the TR2 (or whatever the new C++ run for new libraries will be called)?
> The C++ committee, like Boost, is an all volunteer organization. That
> means that absolutely nothing happens unless a volunteer steps forward
> to do the work. So there is no expectation that any Boost libraries
> will go in TR2 unless volunteers appear. For complex libraries that
> typically means the library's developer, but for smaller libraries
> that could be just about anyone.
Yes. It is like that that I understood it works. I was requesting for
authors that are thinking in making concrete proposals.
>> Who is working on a concrete proposal?
> I'm actively working on Filesystem, and Chris Kohlhoff has said he
> will work on Asio, but those are the only two I'm aware of.
I remember that there were proposal for Signal and Slots, LexicalCast
and Shared memory. Will the authors continue theirs proposals?

>> Which libraries would you like to be proposed?
> The lack of Boost iterator_facade drives me nuts; I'd love to see
> someone take that on for TR2.
I agree this will be a simple and good addition.

> Alisdair Meredith, the LWG chair, would like to see a proposal for
> Any, Optional, and Variant, IIRC. He thinks they make a nice set taken
> together.
Great,
Vicente