Subject: Re: [boost] New libraries implementing C++11 features in C++03
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-23 18:39:33

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 22:00, Christopher Jefferson
<chris_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Several libraries poorly supported on many compilers. Stacking up more
> work is a bad idea, if anything boost needs to support less compiler
> configurations, not more!
>
> Chris

Actually, I agree with this, but it also suggests that at some time in the
coming years boost devs will have to choose if they want the whole boost
"label" to be about C++03 or C++11.

Or maybe there can be a "superset" of boost (Boost++?) that would be all
C++03 and C++11 compatible libraries plus C++11 only libraries.

Anyway the problem of knowing what is acceptable in boost is expanded by
the new standard, and so far I didn't read any policy about it.

Joël Lamotte