Subject: Re: [boost] New libraries implementing C++11 features in C++03
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-24 14:12:20

On 24 November 2011 17:59, Hartmut Kaiser <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Because I have spent more than 10 minutes figuring why Phoenix code
>> wouldn't compile, and that hasn't happened with any other C++ library.
>
> What's the problem with having to _think_ for 10 minutes? If you get through
> that experience it will take you only 9 minutes when you have to do it
> again. I still can't understand why people complain when they have to use
> their brains.

When a casual phoenix user encounters the problem a second time,
they're likely to have forgotten how they fixed it the first time. I
think the problem is when they have to use their brain for something
they don't feel they should have to, and would rather be using it for
something more useful/productive/interesting/fun.