Subject: Re: [boost] New libraries implementing C++11 features in C++03
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-25 01:05:08

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Thomas Heller
<thom.heller_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On 11/24/2011 10:55 PM, Nathan Ridge wrote:
>

>> From: thom.heller_at_[hidden]
>>>
>> Besides:
>>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.**comp.lib.boost.devel/225989>
>>>

>> That's a neat idea, but I'm not sure how it's relevant to this discussion.
>> Those who are objecting to Boost.Local are not objecting on the basis that
>> the generated function object is not a Phoenix function...
>>

> You are of course right, the first two links are not about local function
> definitions. However, the third link proposes a solution that should bring
> everyone together: Local functions combined with the power of Phoenix.

Actually, I'm confused as well, Thomas. I wouldn't have thought that
making the local functions generated by Lorenzo's Local macros could have
addressed your previously expressed objections to Local. Granted, there's
been a lot of discussion and I may have missed something. Care to clarify?

- Jeff