Subject: Re: [boost] [msm] guard behavior if guard guards the transition MSM threats event as handled is that correct ?
From: Richard Szabo (sz.richard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-25 10:31:12

Hi Christophe

Bad news I have tried to add an internal event table to my state base
class that it is forwards the event to the outer one if the state
machine where the state is used is a sub state machine.

I have added a line something like this :

        struct internal_transition_table : boost::mpl::vector<
          // Event Action Guard
          // +-----------+------------------+---------------+
  bMsmFr::Internal < BaseEvent , IntFwdToOuterFct , bMsmFr::none >
          // +-----------+------------------+---------------+
> {};

IntFwdToOuterFct check when ever the event can be forwarded to an
outer state machine ( is there an outer state machine ) and if there
is one it calls the interface function to process it.
if there is none that prints a warning that the event is not handled
in this state.

before this change when I compiled the same state machine the compiler
was using up 1.7 GB heap to compile this particular CPP file.
Whit the change above I get a following error and a crash in a
compiler when the heap usage reaches 4.2 GB

\boost/mpl/for_each.hpp(69) : fatal error C1060: compiler is out of heap space

I was using VC9 64bit version on win7 64bit with 12G memory ......

So by adding the internal transition table makes compiler heap usage
to grow around by 300 %

So I can not compile such a code....

Cheers
Richie