Subject: Re: [boost] [units] - learning to use, more questions :)
From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-28 15:43:14

now I started writing a simple code that would calculate a quantum
wavefunction of a harmonic oscillator. It would work very quickly
without units, but I want to do this using units, just to learn more
using units :)

I am exactly following the quantum mechanics derivation of these
formulas, so it cannot get "simpler" as currently written in the code.

And I've hit a brick wall, because I cannot get those lines to compile:

    quantity<reciprocal_area> lambda ( 2.0*m*E / (hbar*hbar) );
    quantity<reciprocal_area> alpha ( m*omega/root<2>(hbar) );
    double lambda_per_alpha ( lambda / alpha );

Even the first one has problems, to my surprise. Maybe I really
should change my g++ 4.4.5 version to a newer version? I will gladly try
this if you think it makes sense.

Would upgrading boost from 1.42 to 48 help?

Code is in the attachment, but it's almost empty now, since I got
stuck at declaring variables for calculating stuff :)

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |