Subject: Re: [boost] boost and google search
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-28 19:30:04

on Wed Nov 23 2011, "Sylvester-Bradley, Gareth" <Gareth.Sylvester-Bradley-AT-eu.sony.com> wrote:

>> I am sure it is pretty common for users of boost to use google to
> search
>> for documentation/tutorials on their favorite library in boost.
>
> Yes.
>
> Maybe there's a reasonable solution within Boost's control. I wonder if
> it's possible to "automatically" put a banner near the top of all
> documentation pages for previous releases, that warns the reader they
> are not looking at the current release, preferably with a link to the
> likely location of the current page under /doc/libs/release/... rather
> than e.g. /doc/libs/1_34_1/...

I *think* the problem is that /doc/libs/release/ redirects to
/doc/libs/<latest version number>/, whereas it probably should be the
other way around... Or at least they could mirror one another but be
distinct pages, and all links on the site would go to /doc/libs/release/

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing