Subject: Re: [boost] [1.49.0] New libraries?
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-30 23:17:48

On Nov 30, 2011, at 8:10 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 11/30/2011 5:20 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> On 11/30/2011 11:29 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> What new libraries are ready for 1.49.0?
>>>
>>> What is that state of any new libraries that want to go in 1.49.0? Are
>>> they in trunk and do the developers think they are ready to be merged
>>> into release?
>>>
>>> The release managers would like to have a four week beta period of
>>> 1.49.0. That means we have to get going on new libraries right way if
>>> we are going meet our early February release schedule.
>>
>> I would like to get the TTI library in Boost 1.49 but I am working
>> regularly on a job now and still have much to do on TTI. Nevertheless I
>> anticipate some free time over the Christmas holidays/New Years day
>> period when I will have time off to possibly finish up.
>>
>> Can you give an idea of the cutoff date when a library needs to be in
>> acceptable form on the trunk in order to make it into Boost 1.49 ?
>
> We're asking so that we can form an idea of when we should set the
> cutoff. But I can tell you that late December will undoubtedly be too
> late. :-(

I'm waiting for a review result, and will probably need some time to comply with the review manager's changes.
I would really like to get the Algorithms library into 1.49 (assuming it is approved, that is).

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki