Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Thread and Boost.Move collision
From: onlyone_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-12-01 12:11:46

>> 1) Move Boost.Move elements to boost::move:: namespace
>> 2) Move Boost.Thread elements to boost::thread namespace
>> 3) Modify Boost.Thread to make use of Boost.Move
>>

>FWIW, I think 3) is what sounds obvious to me. Now maybe there's reasons to
>avoid coupling those libraries together but I'm not sure what they would be.
>
>Philippe

Hi,
I have been working on a patch to do just that. I have not run into any major issues so far. Modifying Boost.Thread to use
Boost.Move solves two problems:

 1) It fixes the name collision (obviously).
 2) It allows types that have been designed to use the Boost.Move emulation to interoperate with Boost.Thread. (This is relevant
for futures/promises.)

Evan Wallace