Subject: Re: [boost] [1.49.0] New libraries?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-02 01:19:47

On 12/1/2011 2:55 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 11/30/2011 11:10 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:

>>> I would like to get the TTI library in Boost 1.49 but I am working
>>> regularly on a job now and still have much to do on TTI. Nevertheless I
>>> anticipate some free time over the Christmas holidays/New Years day
>>> period when I will have time off to possibly finish up.
>>>
>>> Can you give an idea of the cutoff date when a library needs to be in
>>> acceptable form on the trunk in order to make it into Boost 1.49 ?
>>
>> We're asking so that we can form an idea of when we should set the
>> cutoff. But I can tell you that late December will undoubtedly be too
>> late. :-(
>>

> OK, then I will try to get TTI will into 1.50. I just do not have the
> time to finish it before the holidays for 1.49.
>
> But I do think that Boost needs to specify, for each release date, the
> cutoff date for libraries to make it into that release. If that can not
> be done then it is difficult for the developer of a new library to know
> if he can finish work in time for a given release. Is it not possible to
> publish somewhere, a priori, when each release is expected to come out
> as well as the cutoff date for new libraries to be ready for that release ?

It is usually published on the Boost calendar (see
http://www.boost.org/development/index.html). There had been some recent
discussion on the list about extending the beta period for releases, so
the 1.49 schedule is still flux while we try to accommodate that
feedback. Once we know for certain, it'll go on the calendar and there
will be an announcement here.

Thanks,

--
Eric Niebler