Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] patch to allow custom stack size.
From: Kenneth Porter (shiva.blacklist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-02 06:50:35

Geoff Shapiro <gshapiro_at_[hidden]> wrote in news:loom.20111201T191114-176
@post.gmane.org:

> I'd like to see in your example how you see a user incorporating thread
> attribute settings for non-portable attributes.

Something I find useful under Win32 is the ability to set a thread's name
so that it can be easily identified in the debugger. This attribute is also
present in Linux and MacOS, but implemented slightly differently in each
case, with different limitations.

This ticket for the wxWidgets framework provides links to several resources
about this as well as some discussion about the differences in the platform
implementations:

http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/11245