Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Algorithms organization question
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-07 15:12:05

On Dec 5, 2011, at 7:56 AM, Marshall Clow wrote:

> So, while I'm waiting for my review result, I've been implementing the new algorithms that were to the standard library for C++11
> (at least the ones that don't require the new language features)
>
> They are:
> all_of
> any_of
> none_of
> find_if_not
> copy_if
> copy_n
> is_partitioned
> partition_point
> is_sorted
> is_sorted_until
> minmax -- this one is already in boost
> minmax_element -- this one is already in boost, but doesn't satisfy the C++11 performance gaurantees
> iota
> (and, of course, Boost.Range versions wherever appropriate)
>
> I have not done:
> shuffle -- requires rvalue references
> random_shuffle -- requires rvalue references
> move -- already in Boost.Move; maybe just a forwarding header file?
> move_backward -- already in Boost.Move; maybe just a forwarding header file?
>

> Anyway - my question is:
> Should these all go into a "c++11" subdirectory? If so, should I create a "c++11.hpp" header file that includes all of them, so that users can just
> #include <boost/algorithm/C++11.hpp>
> and get all the C++11 algorithms?
>
> Alternately, should they just live in boost/algorithm ?

So - just to make this all concrete, I've pushed my work to http://github.com/mclow/Boost.Algorithm

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki