Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Math and Math Constants
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-07 16:31:00

Le 07/12/2011 22:15, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. a écrit :
> How about simply
> _1
> _10
> _100

conflicts with mpl::_1, boost::_1 and all other lambda liekplacehodler

> then? *if* it's deemed desirable to have such constants in the first
> place. I.e., in what instances are the corresponding literals insufficient?

Constant placeholder for integer make little sense, they make for real
constant with non trivial vlaue and representation : pi, gold, etc ...

In NT2 we decided to have everything a functor (constant included) and
forward them to free function. This allow us to have both functionnal
and object like interface for them.