Subject: Re: [boost] Submitting patches
From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-17 10:38:00

On 17 December 2011 15:27, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 06:11 PM, Pedro Larroy wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> What's the proper way to submit patches for boost trunk?
>>

> File a ticket at http://svn.boost.org/.

Last week someone else asked similar question and it seems to be unclear
how to generate patch files too.
So, it is worth to mention the following basic steps once:

1) Checkout Boost trunk
2) Apply your changes to Boost files
3) Go to root directory of your local copy of Boost trunk
4) Pull recent changes: svn update
5) Resolve any conflicts if occurred
6) Still at Boost root directory level, generate patch: svn diff >
my-changes.patch
7) Create new ticket: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/newticket
8) Fill in ticket details, attach my-changes.patch
9) Perhaps it is a good idea to notify boost_at_[hidden] too

Best regards,