Subject: Re: [boost] [predef][review-request] Requesting a review of Predef library submission..
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-17 21:02:54

On 12/17/2011 3:01 PM, Ioannis Papadopoulos wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 11:44 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>> I've completed doing a final pass at the documentation and code for the
>> Predef library. And hence I'm requesting the library be placed in the
>> review "queue" (aka the review bucket).
>>
>> For those who missed it.. The Predef library implements two simple tasks:
>>
>> 1. Definition of a single version number macro to provide consistent
>> version number at the preprocessor level.
>>
>> 2. A collection of detected definitions for compilers, standard
>> libraries, architectures, operating systems, and languages.
>>
>> Unlike the Boost Config Library it doesn't define language features and
>> capabilities. But only defines presence of detected compilation context.
>> Documentation and downloads are available in the sandbox..
>>
>> * Documentation at <http://tinyurl.com/7yrodwx>
>> * Subversion source at <http://tinyurl.com/75oggaq>
>> * Zip with Windows EOLs at <http://tinyurl.com/6lt7pks>
>> * Bz2 with Unix LF-EOLs at <http://tinyurl.com/73n6a3k>
>>
>> Rene.
>>

> It's a very interesting library. Would you be willing to add more macros
> that detect more "exotic" machines, such as BlueGene L/P/Q and Crays?

Of course I would willing. There's even a section in the docs on how to
contribute new detection headers <http://tinyurl.com/8xwgffz>. Or if you
don't feel up to it.. You could provide me with equivalent output of
"touch empty.cpp; gcc -E -dM empty.cpp" (repeating for empty.c, empty.m,
empty.mm.. or using the language option for the compiler if available).
I can usually figure out a minimal set detection just from that output.

> I have access to some of those machines for debugging :)

Cool :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything