Subject: Re: [boost] [math.special_functions] broken in trunk
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-18 11:11:32

> it seems, there is a problem in boost.math in trunk. the boost.heap
> testsuite
> originally used boost.random, but the test farm reports some issues:
>
> In file included from ../boost/math/special_functions.hpp:32,
> from ../boost/random/generate_canonical.hpp:22,
> from ../boost/random.hpp:52,
> from ../libs/heap/test/mutable_heap_tests.hpp:1,
> from ../libs/heap/test/fibonacci_heap_test.cpp:12:
> ../boost/math/special_functions/expint.hpp: In function ???void
> boost::math::detail::expint_i_imp_113a(T&, const T&)???:
> ../boost/math/special_functions/expint.hpp:1028: error: expected primary-
> expression before ???(??? token
>
> (compare http://tinyurl.com/bqfputx)
>
> for now, i've reverted to the libc random() function to work around this
> issue, but it would be great, if someone with insights in boost.math could
> have a look.

You don't say what the compiler/platform is, but I think this was caused by
some missing using declarations after I refactored the code.

Hopefully now fixed in Trunk.

BTW, I'm not sure why random would be including that particular header - I
don't see anything in there that's using any Boost.Math code, and it's a big
#include to bring in the whole lot from that "include everything" header....

HTH, John.