Subject: Re: [boost] [multi_index] Move Semantics
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-19 06:50:32

Mark Snelling <mark <at> bakedbeans.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I've been a user of Boost.MultiIndex for a number of years and think it's a
> great library. Is there any firm plan to add move semantics? It's been
> noted under "Future Work" in the docs since Boost 1.32.

Hi Mark,

In general, Boost.MultiIndex needs to be updated so as to comply
with the new requirements for containers in C++11 (move ctors and
assignment, initializer_list ctor, emplace.) I'll plan to do so when
time permits, but the time I can devote to lib maintaining is
increasingly smaller. Patches are most welcome.

Best regards,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo