Subject: Re: [boost] ... broken with clang
From: Francois Duranleau (xiao.bai.xiong_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-20 12:44:51

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Maybe I misunderstood your question.
> I thought that you were asking about Boost supporting clang on Windows.
> To do that, we should really be testing that configuration.

Of course. But my question was not really a question but rather a part
of a general comment on "CLang is not currently well supported on
Windows, so don't bother about supporting CLang in Boost libraries for
now". I was arguing that CLang is actually used (and in some cases we
have no other choices now) on other platforms than Windows, and
because CLang is readily available on platforms like Linux and MacOSX,
seems to me CLang should be supported by libraries. I do not mind if
CLang is said to be (at least officially) supported only on those
tested platforms, because, like you (and others) pointed out, we need
support from somewhere/someone to test CLang on Windows to be able to
officially support it there.

--
François Duranleau