Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] patch for #5010
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-20 19:03:22

On 12/20/2011 10:12 PM, Jürgen Hunold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> tow weeks ago I have attached a patch to
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5010
>
> changing fusion::nil to fusion::nil_ for better compatibility with Obective-C
> and my case an ancient version of LEDA.
>
> Patch attached for convenience.
>
> The questions is how to proceed?
>
> May I commit the patch?
> Any documentation to change?
>
> Hoping for feedback,

There's also this related ticket:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6133#comment:5

I was hesitant to have this fix because "nil" is actually part of the
API. But, given how pervasive this problem is, it seems the best way
to go is to accept the fix and break backward compatibility :(
We might have to issue a warning in the docs.

I'll apply the patches (change nil to nil_). Thomas, I'm CC'ing you
for the heads up.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman