Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Status (was: Is there any interest in a Group of library like to Application System!)
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-04 06:31:46

On Wednesday, January 04, 2012 09:08:16 Renato Tegon Forti wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
> Thanks for your response! What is status of your lib? Do you need any help?

The library is moving slowly to v2 release. Right now I'm wrapping up bounded
async frontends, I intend to finish them by the weekend. Other things left to
be done before the release are:

- Port filters and formatters to Phoenix v3. As a part of it, improve error
messages in exceptions and make filters and formatters not throw by default.
- Introduce "default" sink concept to mitigate problems with trivial and
advanced logging coexistence. Trivial logging will no longer initialize the
library under the hood.
- Implement a common attribute registration mechanism to simplify library
extension. This should solve problems with settings file parser not
recognizing user-defined attribute types.
- Update the documentation.

There are many other things to be done but they are not showstoppers for the
release.

Yes, help would be much appreciated, most notably in the porting to Phoenix v3
part. If anyone is willing to help, please contact me privately or through
this list.