Subject: Re: [boost] Copyright and authorship notices
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-05 05:23:51

I think that this is a good policy (though I would widen the scope to all non-trivial bug fixes).

It provides some element of history of modification (for a time when the SVN history might be lost) and some clues on who to ask when, years later, the reason for decision or changes is puzzling.

And in the event of someone questioning patent 'prior art', it provides an additional person who can vouch for the authenticity and history of the software. This looks horribly likely to continue to be potentially important as the bogus software patent wars escalate.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK