Subject: Re: [boost] On the lack of manpower: (Apache stdcxx)
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-06 10:04:54

On 01/06/2012 03:55 PM, Robert Jones wrote:

> What is 'libc++'?

A BSD-licensed cross-platform standard C++11 library implementation. It
is developed as part of the clang project, but is not supposed to be
clang-specific.

At least I believe those were the goals; I think it only works with
clang on Mac OS X for now.

(Note: it's the first hit on Google for 'libc++')

> I'm unsure of my ground here, but isn't any given libc++ specific to some
> (group of) vendors
> or platforms, whereas stdc++ sought to be cross platform and open source?

libstdc++ is licensed under a GPL variant and is only meant to work with
GCC.