Subject: Re: [boost] [config] local types as template params
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-10 05:28:17

Vicente Botet wrote

> Le 07/01/12 11:23, Lorenzo Caminiti a écrit :
>> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Mathias Gaunard
>> <mathias.gaunard@> wrote:

> Lorenzo,
>
> I suggest you to follow the process (see
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_48_0/libs/config/doc/html/boost_config/guidelines_for_boost_authors.html)
> to add new macros and propose a patch for the trunk to John.
>
> In this way you will have the results for all the trunk testers.

Sure, I'll follow the process- thanks for the link!

BTW, from that link:

Adding New Defect Macros
When you name the macro, follow the BOOST_NO_SOMETHING naming convention, so
that it's obvious that this is a macro reporting a defect.

Adding New Feature Test Macros
When you need to add a macro that describes a feature that the standard does
not require, follow the convention for adding a new defect macro (above),
but call the macro BOOST_HAS_FOO

Following the case of BOOST_NO_VARIADIC_MACROS, I will name this macro
BOOST_NO_LOCAL_TYPES_AS_TEMPLATE_PARAMS and document it under the group of
"Macros that describe C++0x features not supported" (because this is a
defect macro respect to C++11 but it's a feature macro respect to C++03,
I'll name it and document it in respect to C++11).

Thanks.
--Lorenzo